Join our Emmy® award winning team
FileCatalyst is a leading accelerated file transfer solution platform with more than 1,000 clients and a user base of over 1 million. With headquarters in Ottawa Canada, FileCatalyst continues it’s growth by placing strong importance on open communication, professional development and opportunity for advancement to create a workplace dedicated to employee success.
As a fast paced and challenging yet rewarding workplace, FileCatalyst remains at the forefront of technological advancements in accelerated file transfer. By seeking talented individuals with a passion for cutting edge technology to excel in their area of expertise.
Interested in joining the FileCatalyst team? FileCatalyst offers employees the following:
- A fun and social work environment.
- A talented workforce, with a strong focus on professional development.
- Fast-paced atmosphere with priorities guided by our corporate values.
- Teamwork setting, led by our dedicated leadership team.
- Comprehensive health benefits package and a competitive salary.
About the Position
FileCatalyst Software is looking for a Customer Support Engineer that can operate in a dynamic team environment. We are presently searching for a member to join our Customer Services Team. This individual will provide 1st & 2nd Level Support by interacting with Support chats, emails and phone calls. This individual would, in addition, assist in pre-sales technical support requests. We would like the candidate to grow with our company and there will be opportunities to advance. Strong communication skills are imperative in this position as you will be our first point of contact for our clients.
- Provide 1st and 2nd tier support to clients via Support tickets, phone and live chat
- Work with our online support CRM (Kayako) – Tickets, Users and Knowledge Base Articles
- Experience with Hyper-V, PuTTY, SCP and RDP to replicate user environments
- Provide technical solutions, fixes, updates and workarounds on Support Tickets
- Provide remote assistance to customers with GoToMeeting and TeamViewer
- Create, update and edit software bugs in Bugzilla
- Escalate Support Tickets to Development/QA Teams and provide follow-up
- Write, maintain Knowledge Base Articles and other technical documentation
- Identify and troubleshoot software and environmental issues and eliminating instabilities
- Replicate customer issues in a test environment with high accuracy and verify resolutions prior to providing software fixes to clients
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an IT Help Desk environment
- Post-Secondary education and related IT professional experience
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills with strong problem-solving skills
- Intermediate experience with various operating systems such as Windows, Linux and MacOSX
- Knowledge of networking (TCP, UDP, HTTP, ports, bandwidth, latency, packet loss)
- Knowledge of Web and FTP Servers, Apache, Tomcat and Firewalls
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute projects/tasks in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Term: Full Time Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
- Salary: TBD, commensurate with experience
- Benefits: Dental, life, medical and more.
- Location: 1725 St-Laurent Blvd. Ottawa, Ontario
How to Apply
- If you meet the requirements listed above, please email a copy of your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Junior Customer Support Engineer”.
- Should you be selected for an interview an examination will be administered prior to your meeting.
Full Stack Developer
- Design and implement new features and product lines in our core transfer suite
- Design and implement integrations across product lines and with 3rd party products
- Resolve identified defects to established and documented quality standards
- Create automated tests for new functionality and resolved defects, and identify and resolve gaps in existing automation coverage
- Provide occasional 3rd-tier support for customer issues escalated to development
- Assist in maintaining team resources, including documenting tools and processes on our internal wiki
- Mentor junior developers on good design and development practices
- Work with management, teammates, and other teams, to ensure successful completion of all of the above, ensuring details are not overlooked and that everyone is both working to their strengths and working in tandem towards common objectives
- Work with management, teammates, and other teams, to continually improve software development standards and processes, escalating concerns as needed, and both proposing and helping to drive implementation of solutions
Required Background and Skills
- 7+ years cross-platform Java development (both OO and event-driven, including multi-threading and low-level networking)
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering (or additional relevant experience)
- Strong knowledge of networking (TCP, UDP, HTTP, ports, firewalls, NAT, bandwidth, latency, packet loss)
- Multi-platform experience (several of Windows, MacOS, Linux/UNIX, iOS, Android)
- Extensive experience with automation and test-driven development
Embraces the opportunity to learn multiple technologies and solve diverse challenges, rather than limiting scope to a single project or product
- Comfortable switching between big picture and lower-level view of product architecture, not only to spot and resolve defects and design issues, but also to understand and convey how product behavior changes could impact the overall product suite and end-user experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills (English), including working effectively with a diverse range of personality types, and communicating both progress and potential issues clearly, concisely, directly, and in a timely fashion
- Excellent written communication skills (English), including the ability to author, edit, and proof-read technical content.
Nice To Have
- Knowledge of Virtualization (e.g. HYPER-V, EC/2, AWS), including maintaining and configuring VMs
- Knowledge of Cloud Storage (e.g. S3, Azure, Swift, Wasabi)
- Knowledge of Relational Databases (e.g. MySQL), database mgmt tools (e.g. PhpMyAdmin), and SQL
- Knowledge of Web servers and FTP servers (e.g. Grizzly, Tomcat, IIS, FileZilla)
- C++ development experience, mobile development experience (iOS, Android)
- Scripting (e.g. Perl, Python, Ruby, batch, ShellScript, AppleScript)
- Source control (CVS, Git/BitBucket), tracking tools (BugZilla, Jira), automation (Jenkins, Junit, Selenium)
- Experience with both Agile and traditional development process and practices
- Experience working for a small company
Term: Full Time Permanent (37.5 hours per week)
Salary: TBD, commensurate with experience
Benefits: Medical, dental, prescription benefits, life insurance, group RRSP, fitness credits, transit credits, 4 weeks vacation
Location: 1725 St-Laurent Blvd. Ottawa, Ontario
How to Apply
- If you meet the requirements listed above, please email a copy of your resume in Microsoft Word or PDF format to email@example.com with the subject line “Full Stack Developer”.