A Game Changer
Massive amounts of data are being generated across all aspects of the natural resources industry. Whether it’s seismic readings of the earth’s surface generated during upstream exploration, equipment and drill site records used to optimize active deposits, or massive backups being generated for disaster recovery – natural resources is generating data in a larger variety, volume, and velocity than ever before.
All of this data is coming from a wide variety of diverse and remote areas spanning the globe. They travel great distances across a myriad of connections such as satellite, wireless and terrestrial links – all with varying strength, quality, and performance. Storage locations are also becoming just as diverse; spanning on-premise, cloud or hybrid.
Once the data is stored, it may not remain stationary. Raw exploration data has to be sent to High Power Computing (HPC) firms to be processed and rendered into visual maps that can be analyzed. The processed data has to then return from the HPC facility back into storage. Then it has to be shared across your organization’s departments, experts and endpoints. This data also has to be transferred to backup storage for disaster recovery. Across the workflow, big data is always travelling great distances – and waiting for transfers is an unacceptable and costly inconvenience.
To work and collaborate effectively with this vast and varied data, a fast and reliable connection is vital. Traditional transfer methods including HTTP, FTP, and TCP weren’t designed to transfer data of this size and scope (multiple-petabytes), and they all suffer from speed degradation caused by latency and packet loss. These factors create speed degradation that can sometimes equal days, meaning lost time, wasted resources and a direct impact on efficiency and ROI.
FileCatalyst’s fast file transfer solutions are designed to accelerate and optimize file transfers across these vast and varied networks to maximize throughput and minimize wait times. This is a perfect solution for remote work sites including offshore rigs, remote mines, and anywhere else weak connections and latency are commonplace.
How FileCatalyst Fits Into Natural Resources
FileCatalyst Workflow at a glance
- Transfer files hundreds of times faster than FTP
- 10 Gbps transfer speeds and beyond
- Industry standard 256-bit AES encryption
- Transfer directly to private and public clouds
- Guaranteed delivery with checkpoint restart
FileCatalyst Workflow at a glance
- Web portal for sharing, submission & distribution
- Online file sharing and collaboration
- Automated archiving and file deletion
- Customizable metadata fields
- Flexible authentication: LDAP/AD, SSO, Multi-Factor, or built-in
FileCatalyst Central at a glance
- View and prioritize ongoing transfers in real time
- Create custom file transfer reports
- Remotely configure individual nodes
- Remotely initiate node to node transfers
- Create SNMP traps or email alarms
- Monitor the health of your deployment with alarms
FileCatalyst Spaces at a glance
- Speed – Turn hours into minutes with our fast file transfer technology
- Pay-As-You-Go – Low monthly cost with no contracts
- Web-Based – Simply log in and use our “drag and drop” interface
- Cost Savings – We provide an enterprise solution without enterprise costs
- Collaboration – Use FileCatalyst Spaces as a shareable “online folder”
- Visibility – Keep track of your transfers, and who has access to them
- Scalable – FileCatalyst Spaces can grow with your business needs